Here you find tips and advice about where you can turn if you are anxious, how to get your everyday routines to work and how you can talk to your children about the coronavirus.
Advice to parents and other adults
How you can talk to children about Covid-19:
- Check the situation. Find out how much your child knows and how they are feeling.
- Encourage questions. Don’t leave your child alone with his/her thoughts.
- Give the child hope. Many people are working right now to resolve this situation.
- Don’t pass on your own anxiety. Respond to what your child thinks and needs.
- Try to maintain everyday routines. Keep calm and talk about things other than the virus.
BRIS has an adult helpline that you can call as a parent to seek help with ways to support your child in different situations. Open weekdays 9.00-12.00.